New Member from Alabama

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by DB Williams, Jun 1, 2023.

1. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

I have a couple Bitburger glass steins in my collection, although I never got to go there!
  2. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Several years ago took a trip to Maxwell AFB and decided to hit the Class 6 -- got two 6-pack of Bitburger Pils -- sure brought back memories.
    DB Williams likes this.
  3. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

You can buy it at World Market in Hoover. They had Paulaner, Tucher, Hacker-Pschorr, and Carlsberg last time I was in there. Hard to beat a good German Beer or a fine Irish Wiskey!
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Damn Tinyman, I haven’t heard that term in 15 years. That put a smile on my face today. Thank you.
    DB Williams likes this.
  5. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

No biggie friend -- I'm here to amaze my followers.
    Ranger6 and DB Williams like this.
  6. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Got that right. I found a place that sells Singha on Greenspring Ave so I'm on that kick now. Only spent a year in Thailand but enjoy their brew.
    DB Williams likes this.
  7. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Was in the neighborhood so stopped at the World Market on 280 -- BUST -- all they had was 6-packs Carlsberg and single bottles @ $2.49 each but only had 0.0 Bit Pils. Guess I have to go to the other one (Hoover Tac first) and get some/
    DB Williams likes this.
  8. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

I'd call the Hoover store first. It's been a month of Sundays, since I've been in there. They may not carry any of that anymore. C-19 ruined everything. I may have unintentionally lied to you! Did you say you were going to H/T first?
  9. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Absolutely -- I got my Ronin .45 exercised, my TX-22 and Mrs. Tinyman played with her Browning 1911 22 A1 -- and a good time was had by all. I did, however, see "HELP WANTED" signs on every door. Most (all) the old-timers are gone and have a store full of newbies. As long as I have a place to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights, let 'em all hit the bricks.
    DB Williams likes this.
  10. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

My B-I-L owns H/T. I haven’t been in there for a few years. Hoover traffic makes me ill. I don’t go through there unless it’s absolutely necessary!
  11. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Do you mean shooting your firearms then hit Sams and Costco isn't absolutely necessary? :ripper:
    DB Williams likes this.
  12. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

Lol. I lived and worked in Hoover for many years. Traffic gets worse every year! Only slide through there for a good pizza. My preferred Browning Dealer is in Bessemer, so I hang on this side of town. I settled halfway between Hoover/Tuscaloosa so I have to choose between the lesser of two evils for any shopping!
  13. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Simmons?
    DB Williams likes this.
  14. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

Yes Sir. I am loyal to them because they always have what I want. And if they don’t, they are more than willing to get it from Browning (even those hard to get items )!
  15. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

It's where Mrs. Tinyman got her Browning 1911 22 A1 -- nice store but a long ride from Leeds.
    DB Williams likes this.
  16. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

Yeah but when you stop at Bucee’s and get a bag of Brisket sammiches and a box of fudge, it makes it worth while. I used to shop Mark’s back when he was alive. But now it’s shoulder-to-shoulder and you can’t see in the gun cases or get anyone to wait on you.
  17. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

True that -- Bucee's rocks. I have done Marks, Simmons, but my latest is Redland Rifle on 280. Nothing is located in the cases, they're all out on display (with the cutsie cables through the trigger guard). Touch & feel at your leisure, never (so far) crowded, and veteran owned & operated. The sales folks assist whenever you ask -- no problems AND they're in unincorporated part so the tax is only 4%. They have an 'inwork' website at redlandrifle dot com. That bit of information is not intended to be an indorsement, just info for you.

Back to post #30 -- is your B/I/L name Kerry? Curious is all -- Kerry is (was) trying to get me a pistol from Charter Arms but he's a hard guy to find.
    DB Williams likes this.
  18. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

Yeah, I read about that in the news I think, but they had just opened. I’ll have to check them out. My B-I-L is Gene. I don’t know any of his crew. Last time I was in there was probably 2016.
    Tinyman likes this.
  19. Tinyman

Tinyman .410

Well, went to the World Market in Hoover -- one -- I say again one 6-pack of Carlsburg. Zero Bit Pils so will continue with my Singha.

Stay safe
    DB Williams likes this.
  20. DB Williams

DB Williams .22LR

Man that’s crazy. Covid has ruined everything. I can’t believe that. They even had Franziskaner Hefe Weiss Beer. I’ll never do that again. I don’t drink beer you have to stir, or can’t see through. Sorry, for the bad info…
    Tinyman likes this.