X-Bolt trigger adjustment

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by jdabruce, Jul 16, 2012.

1. jdabruce

jdabruce Copper BB

Can you give an indication of the number of turns and in which direction lightens the trigger from factory setting. How many turns to minimum weight? Can the screw be turned too far? Does the red fixing compound need replacing to prevent movement? There is no directions for trigger adustment in the instruction manual that I can find, I assume for some liability issue. . Enjoying the X-bolt, accuracy great - why so long to make left hand models??!! Thankyou
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

from my understanding the lightest you can go on the trigger is about 3lbs and that is taking the screw completely out (this is without buying a spring kit). With that said, each turn outwards will lighten the trigger. you can use some blue loctite on the screw if you feel that it is too loose once adjusting but you should be fine. do you have something to measure the trigger weight? hope this helps...

BTK
  3. jdabruce

jdabruce Copper BB

Thanks Billy. What does a spring kit allow? I will screw it out and get a measure to check the weight, but about 3 would be OK. The trigger sure is different to anything else I own - better probably, once I get familiar with it.
  4. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

with a spring kit, it will allow to decrease the weight even further. Spring kit can bring down the lb's i believe to a 1.5lb on the trigger. 3-3.5 is what i have most of my rifles set to and works for me.