What Products do you use to Clean your Firearms?

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Billythekid, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have been using TuffCloth and Frog lube to clean my Browning on a weekly basis which works great. But for some of those hard to reach places that get a lot of residue build up, what does everyone use?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I use Breakfree CLP and Froglube...depending on the gun's action !
  3. nitesite

nitesite .410

Ed's Red w/o lanolin and flannel swatches. Sometimes Hoppes #9 when I want the good smell in the house. I bought a set of non-marring nylon pics from Midway a while back for all the nooks and crannies. Wooden toothpics, pipe cleaners, Q-tips, wooden matchsticks. Lube is usually Militec-1 grease but there's some Mobil-1 oil used as well for certain areas.
  4. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

I've tried a 'new' (to me) method on my rifles over the past couple months that's working extremely well! It's also great for lazy people like me, who really don't like brushing and patching and brushing and brushing and...

At the range, right after I quit shooting, I flood the very warm barrel with BreakFree CLP aerosol with the muzzle pointing down. I let it drain/drip out for several seconds, then pull a Bore Snake through 2 or 3 times, put it in the vehicle, and head home.

Once home, I use Gunslick foaming bore cleaner as directed. The BreakFree and Bore Snake in the warm/hot barrel seems to eliminate essentially all the carbon fouling, as there's little to none that the Gunslick foam gets out (it normally gets a BUNCH out).

This has left me with a barrel basically free of both copper and carbon, and it takes very little time other than letting the foam sit for 15 or 20 minutes.