Weird X Bolt Threaded Hole

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Jason Mausteller, Dec 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What is this hole? Is it a factory defect?

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Sorry...can't help with your question.

But I'm sure some member here will be around to answer your question soon, now that the hustle of the holidays are over...
  3. Anybody else out there, was told it was a production thing and some guns have holes and some don't. Also told some have rubber plugs in some
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Have you called Browning...?

Browning Arms Company · Customer service
    upload_2016-12-30_12-6-7.jpeg
    +1 800-333-3288
  5. Yep, what I wrote above is what I was told.
  6. Anybody, getting really frustrating now.
  7. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Since Browning isn't saying specifically what the hole or bolt were for, I seriously doubt anyone here will.

A thought:
    While I understand frustration at wanting to know something that is unknown, and being unable to find out, I don't quite grasp what the _problem_ here is. Are you having functional issues? Does the rifle keep falling into little pieces? Or is this purely a matter of wanting to know something that you don't know, and we don't know, but which has no bearing on anything else? If it's the latter, maybe consider taking a couple deep breaths and finding something else to occupy your mind for a while?
  8. It's the latter, just driving me crazy that I have this unknown hole in a $1,000 gun.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Just plug it and be done with it...it obviously doesn't affect the operation of the rifle.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2017
  10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Let it go...thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.