Trigger job

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by rbmorse, Dec 12, 2015.

1. rbmorse

rbmorse .410

As much as I like my Black Label Browning .380, I've found the trigger action to be a bit stiff and "gritty", certainly not as smooth as it could be/should be. Well, I finally got to the point where I asked one of the local makers of big bucks custom 1911 pistols if he would take a look at it and see what he could do (within reason, of course...it's still just a $500 gun).

He (Chuck Warner at Elite Warrior Armament) said he generally liked what he saw...recommended a "trigger job" but didn't see much else that needed to be done.

WoW! What a difference! Trigger pull on the Black Label is now as nice as anything I've experienced on any full-size 1911. Smooth, perfectly weighted and the break is clean and sharp (glass-like to use the cliche).

If you like your little Brownie and are searching for a worthwhile upgrade while waiting for someone to get stock on new grips, I can't recommend enough having a good smith going over the trigger action. Have 'em check the extractor tension, too (I got tired of the old hot brass in the face trick). It'll be worth every penny.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good suggestion...

Thanks
  3. Gil W

Gil W .410

Thanks for the heads up on that.