Transit Case for A5's

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Goose, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Goose

Goose .410

[​IMG]
    Are these seen in the USA[​IMG]
  2. Goose

Goose .410

[​IMG]

This is another of my A5's no 3525 year stamp,58 in it's original transit box.Barrel on this one had gas erosion so was opened out to 18.6 mm
    (back bored) and still patterns nicely.Any way would like to here if any others in boxes like this are out there.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

Very nice
    I love the older stuff
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Nice case. I've never seen one like that; I think Browning probably used an American manufacturer for their cases. When I get home I'll check S/V and see what it says.
  5. Goose

Goose .410

Sent pictures to S/V many years ago now, they couldn't help,but maybe one day someone will see it on the forum.I did have a friend working at the Belgium factory but even he drew a blank. Another friend has an unfired/new in grease A5(still has its £57 price tag from its time on the rack in the shop) Same age as this one,he wants my case and i want the brand new/old A5 .just depends which one of us goes toes up first.Hope your research uncovers some thing but i suspect this just the Euro zone gun.
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I just checked S/V. None of the Browning cases say "FN", and all are either leather or simulated leather covered. Starting in 1955 they were covered in Tolex, which I just looked up and found to be a trademarked brand of vinyl.
    Goose likes this.
  7. Goose

Goose .410

Thanks for checking R31 it seems i have odd one here needing to solve.Hopefully the other guys looking at this one day can offer up some info.
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Well Goose, I think we're barking up the wrong tree.

It stands to reason that FN would offer cases for their products. "Browning" was a registered trademark of FN, but "Browning Arms" was a separate American company. I think you'd need to research FN accessories to find out more about your case.
  9. Goose

Goose .410

You could be right,that's some thing i can crack on with..... cheers R31