This shouldn’t annoy me but it does

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Jun 10, 2023.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I’ve watched this clown sell many guns on Gunbroker and he is scamming the people that don’t due their due diligence. He’s a hell of a salesman I guess because this gun shouldn’t bring anything near what it’s currently at

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/989827457
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

This is the same guy that's on Ebay correct?
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve shaken my head several times over this auction.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Yes it is
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

All of his auctions are “hyper” rare or “ultra” rare
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I gotta start using those words and add "hard to find" next to it.
    Crossfire Hurricane likes this.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Make sure to say that it’s factory original too
    Ranger6 likes this.
  8. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

'Super rare' and 'Just a few thousand' would be an Oxymoron if used in the same sentence rather than two different spots on the page..........but in any case, one which human morons will fall for.

No bidders for it. Wonder why????
  9. Biz

Biz 20g

Let’s forget all the superlatives, is that auto 5 the original version or was it restored and kind of "embellished".
  10. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

It looks restored to me. The blue is too black for a 1940’s gun, and I think the stock had been cut and and another piece of walnut added. The gold fill in the engraving you can buy at a craft store like Michael’s for a few bucks.
  11. Ranger6

Now I need to make a trip to craft store for some real gold flakes. I think I can do the same for 3800.00. Maybe I put my "super rare, hard to find, all original, with real gold inlays," on GB. Well since I like you guys so much, I will put it on here first for 3500.00
    Auzzie and win7stw like this.
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

$4025 is what it sold for. Guess I should have mine restored half assed and sell them
    Rudolph31 and Ranger6 like this.
  13. Ranger6

Wow, unbelievable, I agree.
  14. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Obviously there are too many well shod people that side of equator.
  15. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

My mother used to say “A fool and his money are soon parted.”

I wonder if the new owner will find his way here…
    Auzzie likes this.
  16. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I hope so
  17. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’m guessing that he won’t. He’ll search the internet for information about his new treasure, and come across this site, and this thread. No way would he join then. Unless he takes the screen name “Sucker”.
  18. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

19. ShooterGranny

ShooterGranny .270 WIN

AH SO -- It seems that either "the buyer" backed out or it was a phony purchase because the gun is back for sale again. Or he has a collection of these very rare guns. LOL

If the guy is actually an orthopedic surgeon like his on line name suggests I would never want to go to him for any kind of treatment!!!! Or maybe he sells orthotics, in which case the same thing applies.
  20. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

This is a different "rare" gun
    Rudolph31 likes this.