Swap Trigger safety to left-handed on Silver Shotgun

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by CharlesIMotesJr, Jul 18, 2013.

1. CharlesIMotesJr

CharlesIMotesJr Copper BB

Good morning. I'm reasonably adept at maintaining and repairing my own firearms, and would like to know how to switch the trigger safety on my Browning Silver 12 ga. from right-handed to left-handed. There are not all that many parts to move, and a careful and thoughtful approach would appear to be relatively simple. Thanks!!
  2. joe mose

joe mose .22LR

Hello Charles,
    I was thinking like you and wanted to do it myself... the trigger assembly must be removed from the bottom then some very small pins removed along with a tiny spring.
    I only know this because the gunsmith i took it to allowed me to assist. The smith lost one of the pins on the floor and it was too small to locate.. to add to the disaster and after having to make a pin, he dinged the side of my trigger guard with his punch... anodized aluminum is not easy to touch up.
    Long story short.. choose your gunsmith carefully and make sure he doesnt wear pop bottle bottoms for glasses. In all we got it fixed and it works great, youtube has some videos to help you, i just didnt have the nerve to take it on. Thats my silver 20 in the photo... love it.

Joe Mose
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Me thinks Charles hasn't been back here since July 2013...but thanks for the story and the advice Joe !!