Replacement trigger for A Bolt

Discussion in 'Browning A-Bolt Rifle' started by softail99, Jan 29, 2013.

1. softail99

softail99 Copper BB

I just found this site, it looks like the place to be for Browning owners like myself. I was hoping someone could help me with my current situation. I have an A Bolt Stalker, I accidently broke the trigger while cleaning the gun. I have been all over the net trying to locate a replacement trigger, but no luck so far. Does anyone know where I might be able to order the trigger. I have tried Brownells, Midwayusa, & others but no luck. Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

hey softail, welcome to the Browning Owners Community!!! your best bet for purchasing an OEM replacement trigger is dealing directly with Browning. I have copied to Parts price list for Browning, as well as the instructions on how to place a parts order directly with them. let me know if this is what your looking for.

Browning Parts Price List (page 51, Reference number 76 i think is what your looking for)
    http://media.browning.com/pdf/parts/2008_browning_parts_pricelist.pdf

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/partsandservice/gunpartsprices/index.asp?bg=x
  3. softail99

softail99 Copper BB

Thanks Billy, I was hoping to find just the trigger from one of the other resources. Since I wasn't able to do that, I ended up placing an order with Browning this morning. I only needed the trigger, but they said I would have to send them my gun in order to have it repaired, they would not sell me the trigger alone. The only catch was, they couldn't tell me the cost of the repairs before I sent them my rifle. The only other option, I could order the trigger assembly, which I ended up doing. So I will wait for the assembly to arrive then I will be back in the game. They had me by the short hairs on this one.
  4. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Midwest Gun Works carries a lot of Browning factory parts. If it's just the trigger you need, not the entire housing, they may be able to help you.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgw ... s/B3578465
  5. softail99

softail99 Copper BB

I appreciate it. They were one of the first companies I went to, but they were sold out of the triggers. I bit the bullet & ordered the trigger assembly from Browning. I maybe should have checked around with the local gumsmiths in my area, but I hate to pay money to have something done that I can do myself, except maybe pull one of my jaw teeth LOL. I will gladly pay to have that done, when needed!
  6. Billythekid

what did it cost for the new trigger assembly?
  7. softail99

softail99 Copper BB

I had to pay $120 for the assembly. The trigger alone was $33.50, I was told I needed to ship my gun to Browning. After they had the gun, they would send me a written estimate on the repair costs. I told the lady I was speaking with, that the bottom third of the trigger was broken off, I needed a new trigger, but she said they needed me to send them my gun before I would know how much it would cost for the repairs. I will be the first to admit that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I would rather know that I am spending 120 bucks, & my gun will be repaired, than to send my gun to them for who knows how long, & still have to pay an unknown amount. I guess it just hit me wrong, but I would have thought that she could have given me a ball park figure, an estimate, something. Didn't mean to rant, but I only have myself to blame for breaking the trigger in the first place.
  8. Billythekid

i hear yea, atleast you can get your A bolt back up in working condition.
  9. softail99

softail99 Copper BB

That was my feeling exactly. I will post when the trigger arrives & let you know how it goes.
  10. softail99

softail99 Copper BB

It is Monday 02/11, UPS just delievered the trigger assembly for my A bolt. I will install it later tonight or tomorrow. Hunting season is a long time from now, but it feels good to know my gun will be repaired, just in case I get a wild hair to shoot it.
  11. Billythekid

nice, nothing worse than having a broken gun laying around. let us know how the install goes, assuming since you have the entire assembly, it will be pretty simple...
  12. softail99

softail99 Copper BB

It took no more than 15 minutes. I removed the gun from the stock, removed the broken trigger from the gun, removed the new trigger from the new assembly & installed the new trigger. The gun had the Timney spring installed prior to my purchasing it, so I just left the old assembly on the gun. It works like new, at least the trigger looks like new!