Red Dot on a 1911-380... I can make it happen!!!

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Angelo Passerini, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Hi Everyone!!
    I installed a red dot on my wife Browning 1911-380 without any modification to her slide and I'd like to see what you guys think... I'm also tinkering with a set of fiber optics sights, but there is no way to install them without cutting new dovetails in the slide...

Attached Files:

2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

What does the wifey think?? Does the sight interfere with her carrying it?
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  3. Wife loves it!!! Better target acquisition, both eyes open, no guessing.
    She's tiny, so she's carry a different gun. This one is a little too big for her frame.
    I'm sure the sight does interfere with a carry situation, I see this solution more for a home defense or a range trip.
    I'm waiting for a couple of tools, then I'll transplant a set of fiber optics sights that should solve the poor visibility problem of the 1911-380.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Hey it’s best to keep the wife happy and shooting. Life will be much easier when you wanna go to the range.
  5. LOL!!! You're right, but I work at the range!!!:sniper:She has no say about that, besides we do all kind of crazy stuff together... no permission required. And having an engineer as a husband has many ups: Her Harley is well maintained, her car is well maintained, all the appliances gets immediate and resolutive attention... I'm sure she thinks I'm a keeper (after 30 years) HAHAHA!!!
    Ranger6 likes this.