Quiz about the catch of the day

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Biz, May 5, 2022.

1. Biz

Biz 20g

Will do, they are not easy to find. I waited two years to find that package.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I hear that. I have been looking also. Thanks
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Hey Biz, that catalogue is written in Greek or something!
  4. Biz

Biz 20g

That is the only copy I have. They were not a lot of English version of those catalogue. The first pic is just to show the aluminum trigger guard and the second pic, the gun number three is a super light offer in three or four shot.
    As a supplementary note; I have several Browning auto-5 catalogue or advertising clips which give me a lot of interesting and rare information.
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

What’s your plan for changing the angle of the upper tang screw hole? Weld it up and re-tap it?
  6. Biz

Biz 20g

Yes so far that seems to be the best option. I would tig weld it and re-tap.
    win7stw likes this.
  7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

How many irons do you currently have in the fire?
  8. Biz

Biz 20g

Too many! This conversion will take place may be next year. I have the Carabine FN Browning 1900 that is quite advance but I have to master the checkering before I go further. I have currently two auto-5 on the go. Alternating between them allows me to reflect and do research on the restoration strategy. How about you, how many projects?
  9. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Well I just sold a set of 12 gauge wood that the buyer wants me to refinish but I don’t think my skills are there yet to do commissioned work. Plus I have no idea what to charge.

As far as my own projects I just traded into a Sweet 16 receiver that I have all the parts for but it’s in pretty rough shape. I also have my dads Remington 760 that needs a reblue and I am toying with the idea of trying to do a rust blue on my own
    Ranger6 likes this.
  10. Biz

Biz 20g

The problem is that my business imposes on my hobby. May be I should retire. Rudolph is starting to have experience with retirement. I wonder if he has more time for is hobby or hobbies?
  11. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’m living Groundhog Day. Weeks go by in a blur. I thought I’d get a flying job, but I’m just not in the mood.

I’ve tried out my new shot timer a few times. I don’t know how I ever shot pistols without one.
  12. Biz

Biz 20g

Don’t scare me Rudolph. You make me wonder if I should wait that I am 70 before retiring.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  13. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Marc you better hang it up before 70. My goal is 55 but I may have to go later with this Auto 5 addiction I have