Pigeon Grade pricing and values

Discussion in 'Browning Superposed Shotgun' started by David TK Hayes, Jan 27, 2019.

1. David TK Hayes

David TK Hayes Copper BB

Good day, I am new to the forum. Used to shoot a lot of trap, and I have a very nice 1967 Belgium made Pigeon Grade trap gun with 32" barrel.

I have off and on tried to sell it for a few years, I simply do not shoot much anymore. Looking online at prices on various sites, gunsinternational and few others. I see prices all over the place for these fine guns. Upwards of $7000, but most seem to be in the $3000-$4000 range

That is where I priced the gun initially and dropped the price substantially, to somewhere around $2600 - never even got an inquiry on it.

So the question is... are the ones that are for sale at higher prices just sitting there? Are people actually buying/selling these and what is a reasonable price? It is in excellent (not perfect) condition, and still works like clockwork. Been in our family since new.

Obviously if I drop the price to $1500, I bet I sell it in a day.... but would rather consider a reasonable offer and as well, set my expectations accordingly.

opinions appreciated on the current market and thanks

Attached Files:

2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Go to Gunbroker, advanced search, completed items. You’ll find actual sales prices.
  3. David TK Hayes

David TK Hayes Copper BB

thanks - that helped some - no Pigeon Grade models in there, but there are plenty of similar models
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  4. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

From 1966-71 Browning used Salt Wood on many Superposed shotguns, particularly high end guns like yours. Buyers are leery.

5. Anatidae

Anatidae .22LR

In addition, 32” Broadway ribs generally command much lower prices than narrow ribbed guns with 28” ‘field’ style configurations.
    Rudolph31 likes this.