Parts for 1903 A5

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by vacreeper, Jun 15, 2021.

1. vacreeper

vacreeper Copper BB

Having taken apart my early A5 I found that all the internal parts are in good condition. That said, there are a couple of items I need to complete the restoration. One is a tang screw for an english (straight) stock that does not have the cut for a locking screw. The other is the early hard rubber butt plate. Now I know that this butt plate is hard in more ways than one. They are hard to find and expensive so I am prepared. What ever you can do to help this restoration will be much appreciated.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

creeper, give art a call first and see what he can help you with. the butt plate... start looking at web sites like ebay, gun broker etc. Hell art may have one of those too
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Screws were delivered without the lock screw cut out. But finding a new one may be difficult. Call Art’s at 636-944-3630.

I sincerely doubt that you’ll find a rubber but plate in any condition, let alone one that’s serviceable. I think our friend Biz has a mold for them though.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I found one about 2 years ago in pretty nice shape. Guy didn't know what he had. It wasn't perfect but looked really good.
  5. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

If you give me a length of the tang screw I can see if I have one that works. I have screws without the notch
  6. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

7. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks Rudy for the measurements. Unfortunately I do not have one that will for vacreeper.