Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by mallardhunter, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Copper BB

I am new to the forum and a resident of arkansas. I duck hunt alot and I am presently shooting a BPS pump in 3" 12ga. I am going to buy a new Maxus in the near future. I am looking forward to reading everyones post.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey, Welcome to the Browning Owners Community!!! I have a Browning Maxus Sporting and love the way it shoots. Let me know if you have any questions about it. When you get a chance post some pics of your BPS, what style is it?

BTK
  3. mallardhunter

mallardhunter Copper BB

It is a 28" barrel blue gun with walnut stock. I am kind of tried of looking a plastic stocks. I would rather have a walnut stock with some wear from use as to have a plastic stock with wear from use. It seems that somewhere we think that plastic is more durable but, we have all of the old guns that my father and grandfather hunted with and they are wood stocks that are still functioning guns. One of them is a model 1897 16 ga. winchester that my nephew has that was my Fathers gun. Just me I like to see a piece of wood. I wish that I could buy the Sporting model of the Maxus I would.
  4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!