Newbie intro

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Blamejane, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Blamejane

Blamejane .22LR

Hey guys, I'm the proud new owner of a Browning 1911-380. This is my first handgun and after doing a lot of research I decided this was what I wanted for xmas. I would have to say that one of the biggest factors in my choosing this gun was the idea that I would continue to shoot a gun if I was comfortable with how the gun fit.

Well I'm here to say, "this gun is AWESOME to shoot and fits my hand perfectly!" I love it more every time I shoot it. Any ladies out there interested in a handgun can't go wrong with this baby.

Wahoo, love my new Browning! Okay now for an extra mag and holster. Oh and I just read the post about the new G10 grips and 3dot sights offered on the 1911-380. Can I get those sights added to my gun? Should I?

Cheers!
    drift likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Yea...a tricked out gun is always more fun.

Post some pics when you find the time...
  3. drewzter

drewzter .22LR

I cant think of a better first auto handgun. But now you need a good revolver.
  4. Blamejane

Blamejane .22LR

I think some actual Brazilian rosewood grips would be awesome ;)

...okay maybe not, but you can't blame a girl for wishing!
    drift likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

6. Blamejane

Blamejane .22LR

I saw these grips (thanks for the link), however she only does 1911 and 1911 compact. I guess the question is, Is the Browning 1911-380 considered a compact? I always assumed compact meant ccw styled 1911's.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

I'm sure contacting her with the details will get you the grips you desire Jane...
  8. Blamejane

Blamejane .22LR

Thanks Shooter, I contacted her yesterday. Will let you know if I hear back from her.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Awesome...she does do great work with exotic woods...!!
  10. drift

drift Copper BB

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Not sure...I think the exact dimensions would be different...then proper fitting & sanding would be needed...and that could mess up a pair of premium grips.
    drift likes this.
  12. drift

drift Copper BB

You have me wondering now. I was under the impression both grips and holsters for the .22 would fit on the .380.

Maybe it's just the holsters? I hope not :) - some of those grips she's making are pretty sweet looking.
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As I told Jane above Drift...contact Esmeralda and ask...if enough people do... she may include them in her line-up !!
    drift likes this.