New to collecting A5s

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Stephen G Hodges, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Just this past winter I purchased two A5s. One a pristine 1959 light 20 with a vent ribbed 28” barrel, and an equally nice 1961 Sweet 16 with two properly addressed barrels. Both vent ribbed, 26”, one choked Modified and the other Cylinder. I like shooting them.
  2. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

You are already my friend. Welcome to the A5 group--from Southwest Idaho, formerly the south side of Chicago. Where about are you located?
    Buy a few extra safes now. Trust me on this. Get a copy of the "bible", what some of us refer to. It was a book written specifically about the FN made Browning A5s. It was written by H.M Shipley Jr, and Anthony Vanderlinden. (As I think about it, I think one of those two is a member here!)

Sometimes it is a little slow here, but feel free to chime in!
  3. I live in the “live free or die” state of New Hampshire. I purchased that book this past winter and received a signed copy by one of the authors. Great book.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome to the fun. Very nice light 20 sir. Glad to have you.
  5. murphranch

murphranch .410

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk