New member from Kansas

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by whisperbow, Sep 21, 2013.

1. whisperbow

whisperbow Copper BB

Hi, I just joined your forum. I just turned 70 and have had a shotgun in my hands since 12 back on the farm here in Kansas. I have owned and used many different guns in that time but one of my pet guns is a Browning Superposed 20 made in the early 60's. Anyway, during those years I have had all the major autos except the A5 and in the last 4 years I have enjoyed a double-auto. I always loved the feel any Browning including an A5 till I pulled the trigger then I was turned off by the double shuffle. However, two years ago I borrowed a Sweet 16 from a friend to hunt pheasants and had a very successful hunt along with enjoying the gun.
    Having said all that I thought I would like to find a Sweet 16 for a low price but knew that would be almost impossible. Today that search ended, I managed to buy an old A5 16 and a Mossberg pump for under $200(luck). The A5 is not a sweet 16 but a mint-condition early model. The serial # is 29241 with a 27.5"plain barrel and a safety on the front of the trigger guard. It doesn't show choke stamping but assume it is full and it doesn't show 2 3/4" on the barrel. I have many questions about this gun but my first concern is the use of 2 3/4" shells. I have not shot it but it manually feeds and ejects the shells just fine. Sorry for the long script but can experts chime in and tell me what I have.? Thanks
    Si
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey si, welcome to the browning owners community!!! Looking forward to learn from your experience with the browning firearms you have owned and still own. All the best.

BTK
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!
  4. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

I've got a Double Auto made in 1959. It came in one of those nice old leather Browning cases, fur-lined with wool. It has two barrels, IC and Full. Someone had also installed a Pachmayr "White Line" recoil pad on it, but after all these years it's more like real hard rubber now.

I enjoy shooting it still, it's a nice lightweight gun for skeet & dove. I even took it goose hunting once (with the Full barrel) and hit a few. That was back when you could shoot #2 lead. :)