New member from CT

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Sean2202, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Sean2202

Sean2202 Copper BB

Hello all,

I am fairly new to shooting and trying to learn all I can from reading, YouTube videos and trying different weapons at the range.

Currently I have a home defense 12g a small marlin 10 shot 22 with a scope, a xd9mm for concealed carry and a 22 ruger mark3 stainless with a 5 1/2 barrel.

I am looking to purchase a browning buckmark and I see there are many different models and curious as to what others would recommend. I was looking at the stainless version but was curious if it was too similar to the mark 3. What is the opinion on the longer barrel?

Mostly I will use it for target practice with some small game hunting of squirrels.

Thanks for your help
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
  3. XDMBOB

XDMBOB .270 WIN

Welcome to the forum Sean! Longer barrels give a longer sight radius which is a good thing. As far as stainless or whatever, just buy the one you like, and you'll be a happy camper!
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As far as the Buck Mark...I can attest to it's accuracy, as I have owned one for over 20 years.

[​IMG]

And yes...I hunt squirrels with it occasionally. Also have two Marlin .22 rifles ( Model 80C and Model 60 ) to help cull the population.

Currently...the Browning website shows over 20 models:

http://www.browning.com/products/firearms/pistols/buck-mark-pistols/current-production.html

Showing just about every configuration under the sun...including suppressor ready models...and railed models with 7 1/4" barrels ready for optics.

Any one of them would be perfect for squirrels and target shooting.

But...if I were to buy one right now, it would be one with a longer barrel, ready for a suppressor.
  5. XDMBOB

XDMBOB .270 WIN

Nice shooter.......Shooter!
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  6. Sean2202

Sean2202 Copper BB

Thanks for the replies. I will be stopping at the gun shop on Tuesday to pick one up. Two other questions I have.

1. I see there is a current rebate through browning, is this rebate only for in stock items at the store I go to (cabela's) or if I wanted a model they didn't have currently could I still get the rebate?

2. If I decide on one with a 5.5" barrel can the barrel be swapped out for a longer one without too much trouble in the future?

Thanks for your input.
  7. XDMBOB

XDMBOB .270 WIN

Yes, you can still get the rebate,

Up to $100 back on select models. February 1 to March 31, 2017.
    • SAVE $100 ON OVER & UNDERS AND AUTOLOADERS
    • SAVE $50 ON PUMPS, CENTERFIRE RIFLES AND RIMFIRE RIFLES AND PISTOLS
    Offer valid only on the consumer retail purchase of select new Browning over and under shotguns, autoloading shotguns, pump shotguns, centerfire rifles, rimfire rifles and rimfire pistols purchased between February 1, 2017 and March 31, 2017. This offer is valid for end-users only.

OFFER AVAILABLE IN THE U.S. AND CANADA.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.