New Member from Camarillo, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by SuperposedFanboy, Oct 11, 2023.

1. After surfing a couple of sites I found you folks. I've owned a modern Citori Hunter for quite awhile, shooting trap and skeet. I've just added:

a 1951 Superposed 12g Trap Grade 1, with fixed full/mod, completely unmodified (other than a red bead). The bottom extractor was repaired/replaced at Arts several years ago. The gun shows some wear as it was a primary shooter for years. I plan to do the same with it. Also,

a 1967 Superposed 12g Trap Pigeon Grade, to which Briley added interchangeable chokes. Yes, it was a salt gun that Browning repaired. The new stock was then cast to the right and more drop added to aid in sporting clays, the work being done by Michael Murphy & Sons of Kansas. This gun is in very good condition but will see plenty of use at the clays field.

Both guns belonged to my FIL but he's beginning to pass on his modest collection. I'm honored to be the new caretaker of these guns.

I also added a DeHaan 28g O/U that I'll use for skeet. It'll be my "starter" sub-gauge for that pursuit while I hunt for a Browning 28g, hopefully another Superposed. Thanks for being a friendly and helpful group.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    KyBoB and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome sir, glad you found us. Good group here. I sure would like to see some pictures especially of the DeHaan 28. Very nice collection.
  3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Hi from 10000 miles south. You have some nice guns there that will serve you well into the future. Especially for those clay busting pursuits.
    Enjoy the site and lot of good info to be had here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2023
  4. Thanks R6 and Auzzie. I'll see about posting some pics. But pics of the DeHaan? Are you sure I won't get chased out? LOL
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I promise you will be fine. We are friendly no matter what brand you have. Most of us really like Auto5's but everyone has lots of different stuff.
  6. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho and formerly from the south side of Chicago says Hi and Welcome!! Good people here, zero drama, and all the Browning information you can stand. Buy yourself another safe now!
  7. Thanks for the welcome. My stepson has a "16" addiction and wants to add a Sweet 16 to his collection. He's also into SxS and 28s as of late. He picked up an AYA from my FIL along with an older Fox and Model 12. My FIL is a retired large animal vet, raised in Kansas but practiced here in Ventura County. He has an interesting collection he's beginning to disperse to family and friends. Another safe...? LOL
  8. Here you go R6...the DeHaan.
    IMG_2456.JPG
    KyBoB and Ranger6 like this.
  9. The "67 Superposed. IMG_2447.jpeg
    FNFAN and Ranger6 like this.
  10. Ranger6

I sure like that 28 GA. I will admit that the superposed is more eye candy. Very nice! Thanks for posting.
  11. R6...it sounds as if you have a bit of knowledge re: DeHaans. This one is a U2 Peregrine, full scroll, 28" barrels, I'm assuming a traditional field gun. It came with two sets of flush chokes, cyl-full, but not skeet. I know I can shoot cyl and IC for that game but I'd like a couple of SK1 chokes. The issue: since DeHaan closed shop there is very little info out there. From what I can glean his 12g guns used Beretta/Mobil compatible chokes and "perhaps" Huglu compatible chokes for the smaller gauges. If that's the case then perhaps chokes for a CZ would work...?

Just thought I'd try here before calling Briley or such. Thanks in advance for any info or thoughts on the subject.
  12. Ranger6

I would call Briley. They know their chokes. A bunch of manufactures use the Mobil choke set-up so I can believe it is possible that they would work in your 28. If nothing else, you can send the barrel to them, and they will make chokes for it. Rhino choke would be another option. I know Rhino takes about 3 weeks and you can send them just a choke tube and they will make whatever you want for 110 dollars. I just had this done a few months ago.