Hello From Nova Scotia, Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by GreybeardGunner, Mar 6, 2015.

1. GreybeardGunner

GreybeardGunner Copper BB

Hello Everyone:

I recently purchased a like-new BLR .308 and thought I'd join the group. Looking forward to my first time hunt with this particular beast and would love to hear from others who own one. I'm gettting some flak from my buddies who are dyed-in-the-wool .270 and 30.06 fans, but I've always wanted a good .308, as it's what my dear old dad used to hunt with.

I'd like to hear some varying opinions of this caliber.

Cheers,
    Shawn
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Shawn !!

The .308 is an excellent caliber for just about anything the walks this continent...nuff said !!

How about a picture of that new BLR...!?
  3. GreybeardGunner

IMG_20150306_165732092_HDR.jpg IMG_20150306_165833223_HDR.jpg Here's a couple of pictures of my new-to-me BLR. A friend's uncle who is older now and not in the best of shape offered it to me as a package which included: the BLR .308, Browning sling, Bushnell Dusk and Dawn 3-9 x 40 scope, padded case, shoulder pad and three full boxes of Winchester 170 gr ammo ... for $500. It was just to great to pass up! I was very happy with both the value and shape of the rifle. Now...if only the deer can be enticed in to take a look.......
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Awesome...good score sir !!
  5. GreybeardGunner

Thanks Shooter! I'm anxious for the snow to melt and for the range to be accessible!!
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

That makes two of us brother !!