Hello from North Carolina!

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Joel, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Joel

Joel Copper BB

Hello, my name is Joel. I am a part time farmer and full time Insect Biologist that loves hunting and shooting in general, and have a soft spot for Brownings.

I was introduced to Browning by my father. Who realized the magic in 83 when he bought his brand new BAR 30-06. He is an avid hunter and when I began the sport I was proud of the 85 I got. Unfortunately for my wallet, that started a trend. We now collect some for shooting and some for visually enjoying. Its a really fun hobby that I get to share with my father. Our collection has grown from his BAR to now quite a few various models. While some are much more expensive than his field worn grade 1 none hold the value to us more than the one that started it all. Even crazier none can out shoot it! The recoil is on par with my marlin 22, and it shoots groups like my best bolt gun. Every smith that has touched it has tried to buy it.

Anyway, I am hoping to learn a lot here and enjoy seeing these beautiful firearms in the future.

Joel
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Joel !!

Enjoy our community...
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Welcome to the forum, Joel! I am from the other side of the mountains (Sevierville/Gatlinburg area). Very cool job, you have there... I might pick your brain from time to time, if that is okay. I've been thinking of getting into beekeeping (honey bees) as a hobby.
    Sit back and enjoy the forums- glad to have you here!
    Joel likes this.