Grip safety and sight problems

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Calamity Jane, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Fail to depress grip safety about 1 out of 10 shots. Still new gun, about 300 rounds thru it. Wonder if I can change my grip (doubtful) or I need to change from the G10 grips to something else. I regret not getting the basic model, but had heard stories of the sights falling off. Bought the Pro model that was available thinking I could change the night sights only to find there are no other brand of sights that fit it and Browning doesn't have any 3 dot sights in stock. I continue to paint the sights to see what works best for me. God is still good.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

There you go...this question will get the attention it deserves here.
  3. I will respond to my own post. I talk to myself anyways. I watched a video on YouTube where the guy filed a tiny bit off the grip safety 1/1000" so that the safety still engaged but did not demand a perfect grasp in order to release the trigger. I took my gun to a gunsmith and had him do the same to my gun. It has helped immensely. The gun is safe and I don't have to have a perfect grip with my arthritic hand. Now I can keep the gun. I have two more issues to solve - better sights (I have the night sights) and rubberizing or sanding my too aggressive G10 grip.