Greetings from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Flyblown, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Flyblown

Flyblown Copper BB

G’day Browning owners.

I recently bought my first Browning, a BLR in .308. This for the purpose of some close up and personal action on the deer and pigs. A lot of our hunting and pest control is longer range stuff, out of necessity on our farm (terrain), and we miss the real close in stalking.

Hunting is fully my #1 passion and occupies my mind most of the time. My boys are 12 and 14 now, so they’re coming along really well. My wife is an ex-Army officer with nerves of steel and a dead eye for a deer, she out shoots me on paper and at long range on the gongs... We’ve lived all over, in Europe, Africa, Australia, USA and NZ, so have experienced a fair few different hunting environments and species. We’re meat hunters really, not so interested in the trophy side of things, but we fully support hunter led conservation and high value trophies in areas that need support and conservation leadership.

This new BLR is beautifully made. I’ll be asking some questions about the open sights (which is how we intend to use it for the most part), reflex red dots and bullet selection (we reload).

Nice to meet you!
    Cheers.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  2. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho says Hi!
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator