FS (US) Browning 1911-380 Recoil Spring Full Length Guide Kit

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories For Sale' started by Angelo Passerini, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Hi everyone!!
    The guide rod system I designed for my wife's gun dramatically improved the accuracy and made it easy for her to get constant grouping in the area of 1.5 inches or less at 15 yards.
    Now the guide rod kit is available for purchase.
    • The kit installs in minutes and it doesn't require any tools or modification(s) to your firearm.
    • The current version fits the "full size" 4.25" barrel version, but a "compact" version is being finalized for test fire.
    • I'm based on Long Island NY and I will ship the kit by USPS anywhere in the 48 states. AK and HI can contact me for the shipping costs. No international buyers outside the USA.
    • Payment via Paypal or USPS Money Order in USD.
    • Price is $49.00 and includes the rod, the guide and a nylon buffer. IMG_4472.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    Ranger6 and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I need to see if mine is the compact or full size. I will be buying one
    Angelo Passerini likes this.
  3. Hi, I'm trying to get a hold of a compact model so I can make the guide for that too...
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Just looked and mine is the compact
  5. Would you be interested in giving me a few measurements? You'll be rewarded for that...
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I sure can. Let me know what I need to measure for you. Much appreciated
  7. Thank you so much!
    Here are the two measurements I need:
    By inserting the depth shaft of your caliber into the spring channel (with barrel in place while bushing, spring and original plastic guide removed) and making sure the tip of the shaft enters the dimple hole of the barrel just like the original plastic guide. measuring the length from the dimple hole bottom to the tip of the slide. (see photo).
    Simple length of the original spring cap. (see photo.
    That will give me the chance to make the short version and please send me the address to mail you the first short prototype for free.

IMG_4491.jpg IMG_4492.jpg IMG_4493.jpg
  8. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I will do that as soon as I get home from work.
  9. JimCunn

JimCunn .270 WIN

1911-380 Compact
    0.875"
    2.826"
  10. Jim, win7stw gave me the same numbers last week and his prototype went out this morning...
    The measurements are spot on btw...
    Now you can choose if you want to wait for win7stw to get back to me with a feedback on installation and fictionality or just pay for the prototype and eventually make you own adjustments...
    As far as I can see on the measurements it should be just perfect, but it takes a lousy millimeter to make me a liar in this case. So totally up to you.
  11. JimCunn

JimCunn .270 WIN

Installation and fictionality....?

What does that mean?
  12. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Im guessing he meant functionality
  13. Sorry guys... Yes, I meant functionality. Very large fingers never formally trained to hit a computer keyboard..
    I noticed when I was developing the "long one" that a couple of millimeters (Again sorry I'm from Italy and when I go into machining I go back to my engineering degree and I was raised in metric..) in total length of the guide makes a difference in installing it. Same could be said for the spring cap: it has to be short enough to allow a full travel, but long enough to keep thing straight without "lateral" pushing either side of the slide. So "shaving" off both lenghts carefully and working backward from your measurements, put me extremely close to reality even without an actual Compact to try and fit... Shooting it's a whole different thing... It's so personal that only a double target on the same board (shoot one without full guide and the other with the full guide installed) will tell if your grouping improved as your hand and your aim are the same.
  14. JimCunn

JimCunn .270 WIN

I too, am an Engineer, but from America. I'm equally comfortable in both systems. Had I realized you were European, I would have used metric. Sorry..
    All the best,
    Jim
  15. Jim, don't worry... Moving here 30 years ago made me comfortable with things, including standards measurements... nowadays the little helping rascals (digital caliber) helps with immediate conversions.
  16. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Big thank you to Angelo. My compact guide rod arrived today and it fits very well. I haven’t shot it yet. The machine work is top notch. Thanks again I appreciate it a lot
    Ranger6 likes this.
  17. Glad you got it and let me know as I lost the tracking number I wanted to give you. Also happy it fits well and you like the finishing. Now take your time and let me know ho it performs so I can proceed with more compact version to be put in production.
    Thanks
  18. 217jerrym

217jerrym .22LR

Questions, what's the metal & will it fit the 22 cal full length?
  19. The guide is made of a light aluminum alloy specific for this use. I never tested it on the .22 and I don't have one to test it, however the main difference from the .380 it's the barrel and I see no reason why the guide rod kit wouldn't work in the .22. Obviously if you decide to buy it and it's not working I'll refund you purchase as soon as I'll get it back.
  20. walto

walto Copper BB

Angelo Hello
    did you receive any feed back about the use of the guide rod in a 22 cal. I just bought a conversion from .380 to 22 Cal. and would like to add a little extra weight to the forward end of gun