First go at roll crimps

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by win7stw, May 24, 2020.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Hold that thought. Soon as my youngest finishes school, that’s what I plan on doing.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

You are joking I hope
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

No sir, been the plan for sometime now. It will be a few years cause my youngest is a daddy’s girl. Once she graduates I’m leaving Texas. Never really liked Texas. Came down here for work, that was 20 years ago. My next move is for me.
    win7stw likes this.
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Where is home?
  5. Ranger6

Little town of coshocton Ohio. Left there at 17 for the military. Lived in more place then most people visit. I have picked up and moved all my life. Not really a big deal to me. We had a saying in the military... home is where you lay your head.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Thanks for your service. Come North young man
  7. Ranger6

Thank you for thanking me. Yes I can’t wait. Really miss the cold weather and especially the snow. Down here in Texas you have to pay to hunt, except national forest, which I do hunt there. Back home in Ohio, I just walk out the door. That may have all changed by now. I can remember hunting rabbits along the railroad tracks as a kid. Now that’s not allowed anymore. What the hell has the world come to.
  8. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

In the 1981 I moved from Florida to Massachusetts to fly for a commuter airline. That first winter I felt like I’d moved to the North Pole. Four years later I had an interview in Minneapolis. The cold was incredible. When I got back to Boston the weather was 20 degrees in blowing snow. Felt like Spring.
  9. Ranger6

Rudolph31- I’m sure it will take some time for me to get used to the cold again, being in Texas for 20 years. I spent time in Russia, Alaska and the desert. Some may laugh about the desert, but when it’s 130 during the day and 70 at night it a big change. The coldest I have ever been in was -60. Of course I was much younger then. Exposed skin freezes immediately. Had to have special place out of the cold just to take a leak.
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  10. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

How was Alaska? I need to get there.
  11. Ranger6

I spent 8 months there. Wish I would have never left. Beautiful country. The sky lights were amazing. If you get the chance to go...... take it for sure
  12. Ranger6

Most of my travel was Uncle Sam. Been in some nice places but plenty of shit holes, that should be parking lots..... Somalia would be my first pick for black top. One place that really was surprising was Belgrade. Down town looked like Las Vegas. People were very nice, govt not so much. I was a joe though, and they don’t take kindly to that. Pretty much was told that if I was still in the country by morning, expect an extended stay in jail. Needless to say I was gone next morning bright and early.
  13. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

I’ve spent too much time with dessert myself, and my waistline proves it.
  14. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I plan on doing a hunt there someday. I WILL make it happen
  15. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Me too, hunting season is right around the corner. Time to lose some weight
  16. Ranger6

Rudolph31- corrections made.... guess auto correct has taken over my thoughts.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  17. Ranger6

You guys come to Texas, you sweat your ass of just sitting. You will loose a bunch of that weight
  18. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Yup, autocorrect won’t help you with desert and dessert, nor with lose and loose!
  19. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

The few times I’ve been there it’s been miserable.
    Ranger6 likes this.
  20. Ranger6

Look what showed up from Italy today. Hope to try tonight.

Attached Files:

Rudolph31 likes this.