Finish on Black Label

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Rick Jennings, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Rick Jennings

Rick Jennings Copper BB

I purchased a Black Label 1911-.380 a week ago. Before I could even get it to the range I managed to put a 2 inch scratch on the top of the slide with my wedding ring. After the first trip to the range (I really enjoyed shooting this fun little gun) it showed a couple of more smaller scratches on the slide. I have several other black finished guns, Para and Rugger, that have had 1000s of rounds put through them with little or no wear to the finish of the slide.

Has anyone else noticed the finish to be less than durable? I am not sure if this is typical of the finish or if perhaps the pistol I have has a defective finish. I will contact Browning next week, when customer service is open.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Rick !!

Please take the time to introduce yourself to our community in the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum !!
  3. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

What did Browning say?
  4. Rick Jennings

Rick Jennings Copper BB

Nothing yet, but mostly my fault. I tried one email, but had the address for the Browning Shop rather than for Browning customer service. They suggested I contact a service center. I tired a different email to Browning Customer Service, but have not had a response. I will post when I receive one.
  5. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Tks...
  6. Gil W

Gil W .410

drift likes this.