Belt style Hunting/Outdoor Holster W/ Flap for 1911-380

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Gil W, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Gil W

Gil W .410

I have a WWII Hungarian Femaru .380 with it's original holster with flap. I used that gun for many years wandering around the woods, hunting as a deer finishing off gun and for protection when using expensive photo gear out in the woods.
    I decided to retire the Femaru when I got the 1911-380 but wanted a similar holster. A friend who makes holsters, especially a lot of western types, made the one below. I traced out the gun and he made an excellent lined holster using thick leather. I know this type of holster is not for everyone, but it protects the gun in the wilds and it is a soft storage for the gun.
    While I originally wanted U.S. on it like the old Army cavalry holsters, I had him put USN since I retired from the Navy many years ago. BLHolster-1.jpg BLHolster-2.jpg
    drift likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good looking piece of leather...
  3. Gil W

Gil W .410

Thanks. It has been a great wearing OC holster for hunting and elsewhere. I have really broke in my N82 IWB holster for the 1911-380. The holster and gun turned out to be
    a much more comfortable wearing combo than I thought it would be. I use a horizontal 9 mm mag pouch from SHTF for a spare mag carry. The 1911-380 mag is too large to
    fit in their .380 pouch.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Good idea...thanks for sharing.
  5. omahaoutdoors

omahaoutdoors Copper BB

Looks like it was very nicely made. Your friend definitely has a good set of hands when it comes to working with leather.
  6. drift

drift Copper BB

That's a classic rig right there - nice!

In the photo with the flap open, what is the second rivet on the left?