BAR rattles

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by gwtx, Oct 14, 2017.

1. gwtx

gwtx Copper BB

Been a while since I've been on the forum. That's because I haven't had any problems with my Browning.
    I have a ShortTrac Stalker .308 that just started making a rattling sound when pointing the muzzle down, then up. Point it down and there is a slight "click", then point it up and there is a more noticeable "clack" sound coming from the magazine area. Sounds like a marble rolling back and forth. I noticed it last night for the first time when shouldering the rifle. Thought it was the sling swivels initially. If I open the mag door, it doesn't do it and ohhh, I see,,, .....................UPDATE:
    While writing this, I put in my other mag, and the rattling stopped. I found that when the full mag is installed the compression of the cartridges MAY cause the second round to be free enough to slide back and forth in the mag making the clicking I was hearing and feeling. After taking all the cartridges out of the mag and re-installing them,,,,it won't do it now. :confused: Maybe I ought to load my rounds long enough so that they don't have room to slide back and forth:D
    Anyway, I feel better now that I know what the problem IS/WAS.
    After figuring out the problem, I continued writing this post in hopes in might help someone else . Gary
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome BACK...!!
  3. gwtx

gwtx Copper BB

Thanks.