BAR Discontinued Parts HELP!

Discussion in 'Browning BAR Rifle' started by AndrewC63, Dec 11, 2023.

1. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

I'm looking for some first generation parts for the browning bar. They have been discontinued I've been able to locate some in the USA but no one will ship them out of the USA.
    I'm looking for
    Gas regulator washer P076137 for 308 Win
    Buffer plate P076066 2pcs
    Buffer P076065

I'm located in Canada so USA might be out due to the ITAR but I'm guessing other countries can send them if they are outside the USA.

If you have them in the USA im going to talk to a exporter that brings stuff into Canada and see if they can export them to me if you could send them to them.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

That’s most likely going to be a no-go, I tried to send some stuff last year and it was a big fat No. The problem is your side of the pond. Someone that imports guns may be able to help, but be prepared to spend money.
    Welcome to Browning Owners and first post. Glad to have you on board. Please stop by new member area and introduce yourself.
  3. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

Actually there is no problem on the Canadian side It's the ITAR/department of commerce permitting process preventing the export on the American side.
  4. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Wonder if that depends on what part it is? I actually talked to commerce dept and they said it was the Canada side. Maybe they just do that so you can be mad at the other guys.
  5. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

What part was it? I'm kind of in the industry and have looked over the ITAR years ago when I had my reloading store. last couple of years they have made some changes to who administers it etc. Realistically the parts I want are two sheet metal plates a nylon buffer and washer... if you wrote automotive parts on it who would really know? I get the purpose of the regulations/laws but come on when it comes to some of this stuff its just dumb.
  6. Ranger6

Agree. It was some trigger parts.
  7. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

As far as I know there is nothing on our side of the border preventing it from coming in.
  8. Ranger6

You may be right, just couldn’t get an answer from different people I talked to. Finally gave up. I would think the buffer and washer wouldn’t be a problem. Can you make the metal plates?
  9. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

I can I have the parts to copy from another gun. I could technically make them all but its a lot easier to get the real deal if possible... I wonder if there is any demand for these parts anymore. It was a parts gun out of an estate probably someone just probably tossed those parts because they didn't know what they went to. or there still sitting in a tin or jar somewhere here. I did just find someone half way a cross the country that might have that washer do you happen to know if they are caliber specific or just a lock washer so the gas nut doesn't back out.
  10. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

11. Ranger6

That I don’t know for sure. I would think they would be the same. Have you found any parts diagrams?
  12. Ranger6

13. Ranger6

14. Ranger6

According to that link above it covers lots of calibers
  15. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

They wont ship out of the USA plus that is for MKII not sure if its the same in MKI I guess it might be time to pull some stuff apart to see what if any differences there are. Yeh have the parts diagrams and parts numbers but little comes up online as the gun is probably from 1969 they stop carrying parts after 25 years which seems kind of dumb considering these are mass produced and will last 100+ years.
  16. AndrewC63

AndrewC63 Copper BB

I was able to source all the small parts but i need the stocks and all the aftermarket are not checkered which is dumb anyone have a factory stock set laying around even if the condition is rough it will match the rest of the gun.
    Ranger6 likes this.