Another a5 prototype?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Jta5er, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

[​IMG]
    12ga not mine. Very interesting though? Owner is trying to get accepted here I believe.
    Matt Mugno and Rudolph31 like this.
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Very interesting. Got more pictures Jimmy? I might know someone that can make that happen. If he has issues let me know please.
  3. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

This action is the same 12ga action in back of S &V book marked sculpted prototype. I do believe there was a guy at FN doing this before the light models we all know today.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Like that, certainly different and stylish
    What’s the little pawl for on the front of the safety?
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

You push that first or while pushing on the safety. Not sure why they made it like that. You really wouldn’t push the paw without pushing the safety.
  6. Matt Mugno

Matt Mugno Copper BB

Im trying to start a thread and post pics but it would seem to be to complex for my feeble mind!
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  7. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

Here are some of Matt’s pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    barrel serial doesn’t match and I believe someone else besides fn tried to lighten it, has holes in loop
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  8. Matt Mugno

Matt Mugno Copper BB

There is a pic of a lightened barrel in the A5 book. It just doesnt have as many holes as this one. I agree the barrel is probably not original.
    Rudolph31 likes this.