A new Browning handgun owner

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Ceapea, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Ceapea

Ceapea .22LR

Hello,

I joind this forum because I just bought (really, just ordered it) my first Browning handgun. It is the 1911-380.
    I have been looking for something more shootable than my Sig P232. The 232 just doesn't work well for me, a lot of the time. I am planning on using it for plinking and for introducing new shooters to centerfire handguns. For those purposes, it should work really well.
    I look forward to many conversations here, looking for a little help, and maybe helping someone else every so often too.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
  3. Toakey

Toakey .22LR

My 1911-380 is one of the best guns I own. It is my primary EDC. I wish Browning would come out with a 1911-9mm in similar size and weight. Maybe it would have to be 90% of full size versus 85% but that would still make it a great, small, light weight gun.

Welcome to the forum. I think you’ll enjoy it. I learned a lot by perusing the old messages and threads.

PS - The P232 may not be the best gun to use for new shooters for obvious reasons.
    Ceapea likes this.
  4. Ceapea

Ceapea .22LR

Yeah, I'm looking forward to shooting it. My wife even approves of the purchase after handling one recently. As far as the 9mm version goes, I don't know about Browning, but I also have a SA EMP 4". Very nice! Smaller frame and mags give it a true proportionally reduced size. Great gun, really.
    FYI, I bought it before all of the recent political issues arrose with SA and the other IL. manufacturer.

I've had the Sig for several years. I did buy it when I was fairly new to shooting handguns. But I am actually fairly experienced with them. I shoot in several different competitions a year now. Even managed to win a few guns! I'd say that on average, I shoot 10k-20k rd a year depending on which matches I can make. I do shoot the 232 pretty well on some days. Others, not so much. It could have something to do with a pretty rapid change in my vision. That and the short sight radious, maybe. It has just fallen out of favor in recent months/years.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.