20 gauge field loads?

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by Abbeville, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Abbeville

Abbeville .22LR

Where are they? I don't want dove or target loads, but 2 3/4 #6 shot for squirrels and rabbits.
    My Auto 5 Magnum Twenty is hungry!
    I can find a box or so every now and then locally but I would like to buy a flat...
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Lots of ammo is out of stock, hard to find or expensive. If you want it all the time the only option is to reload.
  3. I have a 20 ga. Citori and ammo is hard to find. When I see it, I always buy a few boxes. I did recently pick up some Fiocchi Golden Pheasant 3" 5 shot since that was the only field load available at the store. Online at Gunbroker should have plenty available if you cannot find locally.
  4. Abbeville

Abbeville .22LR

Thanks guys.
    I'll check the online bulk sources, but gunbroker I don't know. I hear of not so good deals and high prices.
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

They are wonderful deals if money is no concern, last I looked it was like triple price and shipping on top.
    Abbeville likes this.
  6. Hit or miss. I've seen good and bad, like most things.
    Abbeville likes this.
  7. Abbeville

Abbeville .22LR

Looking at a MEC Sizemaster for 20 gauge. I'm not a competitor so no need for volume loading, just need to keep some on the shelf.
    KyBoB likes this.
  8. Ranger6

Mec 600 jr. Will get the job done and not break the bank.
    KyBoB likes this.
  9. REP943

REP943 Copper BB

Reloading is your best bet.
    KyBoB likes this.