1962 Sweet Sixteen

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by win7stw, Aug 3, 2022.

1. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Posted a WTB ad looking for Browning stocks and a guy reached out to me saying he had a set for a 16. He also said he had a 16 gauge parts gun I could have with the stock. I ended up trading some Win CF ammo and ended up with the gun. It had plenty of issues. I had to get a new two piece carrier, new trigger assembly and lock screws. The barrel has been shortened and Ranger sent me a new ramp that I can have soldered on. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ranger6 likes this.
  2. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

I am debating making this my primary hunting gun. I’d have the barrel threaded for chokes and use the hell out of it in its current condition. I’ll have to get the stock fit as it doesn’t go all the way on for some reason.

The other option is to have the receiver French grayed and the engravings black inked.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Does that mean I get first dibs in the rooster field?
  4. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

That could possibly be arranged
    Ranger6 likes this.
  5. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Thanks Buddy. You know me and vacation. One of these days we all need to get together. We might even be able to convince Marc and Jimmy to come.
  6. win7stw

win7stw .30-06

Yeah it’s too bad there isn’t any good hunting where I live
    Ranger6 likes this.
  7. Jta5er

Jta5er .270 WIN

I would enjoy that for sure!