1911-380 Insert Mag- top round pops out

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Brmprice, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Brmprice

Brmprice Copper BB

I am a new 1911-380 owner and overall I am very pleased with it. I have around 150 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.

There is one weird thing when I insert the mag. As with my other guns, Glocks and SIgs, I insert the mag into the mag well. When I feel resistance I use my palm to drive the mag home. With the new 1911-380, on some occasions the top round pops out of the ejection port if the slide is back. I have 2 mags and I can make it happen on both, although it seems to happen easier on one vs the other.

This is not right. Is this the same issue associated with spacing of the top lip of the mags that I have read about? or is this a design flaw of the magazine itself?

I hate to be gentle with the insertion only on this gun.

Would appreciate your thoughts.
  2. TRR

TRR .22LR

I had a similar experience. I ended up sending my pistol back to Browning. It was there for about 6 months. They sent me a new pistol. Search these threads and you'll find the details.

Good luck.
  3. drewzter

drewzter .22LR

I have three mags. One came with the gun, one bought a few months ago at Cabela's , another bought this month at Bass Pro. All three measured .319 at the front of the lips and all three were letting the rounds slip past with pressure and shock of any kind. This resulted in above and sometimes in FTFeed stoppage. I closed the lips to .308 on all three and now have no problems of any kind. The gun is fun to shoot and way more accurate than short barrelled 380's . The magazines are a problem.