1911-380 Black Label Pro w/Rail

Discussion in 'Browning 1911 - 380 Handgun' started by Tram, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Tram

Tram Copper BB

New to board but wanted to share and see what others thought. Have been eye balling the 1911-380 for about a month and could't find one carried by any Academy's here in Texas. Ended up getting it off of Gunbroker for $640 + tax, shipping.

Headed to the range this morning with it, first time out and decided to ensure it was lubricated. On disassemble I was surprised to find not one but two pieces of plastic. I understand the idea of weight but plastic parts in a $700 gun doesn't smell right to me (maybe its just me).

Second issue is when sliding the magazine up, it catches the mag release and you have to push harder so the magazine will push it aside allowing the magazine to go up the rest of the way. (does this disappear with use?)

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Tram !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
  3. Rob poston

Rob poston .270 WIN

Hi Tram,

As for the plastic issue, yes... that is typical with the Black Label. Actually, there are three primary pieces that are plastic. Not only is the guide rod nylon, but the button is as well. What is worse, the entire frame on the BL is plastic. As for the magazine being difficult, that is not typical, but not all uncommon. It should get better with a few trips to the range, but if not, contact Browning to have it serviced. All of the ones that I have seen have slid in just fine.

Welcome, and happy shooting!
  4. Tram

Tram Copper BB

Luckily I read this forum prior to going to the range for the first time with it. The magazine issue didn't seem to be a problem for me (had a couple stove pipes of not fired ammo though). The biggest problem I kept having was the slide was not going completely forward. Ran a total of about 200 rounds this first trip, Lawman 95 FMJ, Silver Bear 94 FMJ & Winchester whitebox 95 FMJ. Slide problems were present with all ammunition. Was kind of weird too, some magazine would go all the way through, others had to keep pushing the slide forward.

Is this due to the spring not being sturdy(strong?) enough in the slide?

ps, accuracy was AWESOME!!!

Attached Files:

5. Tram

Tram Copper BB

Update: I called Browning support and they took down my information and emailed me a packaging slip. Packaged it up, dropped it at a UPS outlet and I had it back within a couple weeks. I haven't had a chance to get back out to the range but they said every once in a while one will get away from them that has trouble returning to Battery. Very pleased with their customer support.