Friction rings, etc.

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by Michael Milligan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Michael Milligan

Michael Milligan Copper BB

I know the springs are different between a magnum and a light 12, but aren't the friction pieces and rings essentially the same?
  2. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Ranger6 likes this.
  3. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

You can set the mag up like a light 12 to shoot target loads. Start on heavy setting. If you go to Midwest gun works you can see the difference. Make sure if your gonna shoot 3 inch shells you set it up with the magnum set up.
  4. Michael Milligan

Midwest only has the friction ring. Anyone know of a source for the other parts? I do not need the springs at all as I replaced them about 4 years ago.
  5. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

6. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

If not call art. He has a good supply usually.
  7. Michael Milligan

Art ? ? Who is that please. Also, thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.
  8. Ranger6

636-944-3630. Gunsmith god of the auto 5. Most likely when you call this number you will get brad. That’s one of arts boys. Real nice people.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  9. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

10. Michael Milligan

Thanks for the help folks. Ordered what I needed from Midwest.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  11. Michael Milligan

So I am learning things I should have known. The 12 magnum uses the bronze friction pieces but no friction spring like the light 12 has over the piece.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  12. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06