Black Ice Grip issues return...?

Discussion in 'Browning Cynergy Shotgun' started by Keith41, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Keith41

Keith41 Copper BB

My new Black Ice is 6 months old, has shot only around 1600 shells and the rubber grips on the fore-end and pistol grip are already wearing. I heard this was an issue with the first composite Cynergy's- has anybody had any recent experience and if so, what did you do about it?
  2. Keith41

Keith41 Copper BB

By the way, I should have said that otherwise the gun has performed flawlessly and the low profile and adjustable stock (correctly fitted by my gunshop) has seen my scores go to a level I'm proud of.... all the same, pretty disappointed with Browning regarding the grips
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

As far as the premature grip wear...I would call Browning Customer Service to see what they have to say about a remedy.

Browning Arms Company · Customer Service

upload_2017-4-4_12-10-54.jpeg

+1 8003333288
  5. Keith41

Keith41 Copper BB

o_O..... I did... I emailed Browning USA, who passed my message to Belgium, who contacted Browning UK, who told me I shouldn't have cleaned it- and that (quote) "all our complaints are a result of this" (unquote). I can only conclude that 1) they get lots of complaints and 2) you shouldn't clean Browning shotguns- at least not a Black Ice. The real truth is as plain as the nose on your face- the rubber doesn't stand up to the wearing of a tight-fit shooting glove, which I wear. They have offered to give a formal opinion only if I send the gun back, but in the meantime have lowered my expectations in the way that only a corporate giant can....
    Lesson Learned the hard way....
  6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Copy that...
  7. Keith41

Keith41 Copper BB

UPDATE to conclude the story.... The Black Ice Cynergy went back to Browning UK. They concluded that there was insufficient 'wear' to consider replacing the gun and refused to accept it back. I have had to trade it in for an upgraded competition gun (obviously not a Cynergy) in order to i) get rid of it- because the wear will only increase as the gun is used and ii) recoup as much of my original investment as I could- which still left me £350 out of pocket BEFORE the additional cost of the upgraded new gun was factored in.
    Moral of the story- no matter how many Browning guns you have bought, nor how much Browning clothing hangs in your wardrobe, nor Browning cartridge bags or gunslips you own, no matter how much of a valued customer you think you are- you are not.
    The corporate giant exists to screw you over every opportunity it gets.
    .... Cheers Browing