Old School A5 Crazy from eastern NC

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by mechanic4hire3, May 7, 2017.

1. Hello fellow Browning Crazies. I inherited 3 guns back in 2010.
    Remington model 11 Browning Patent 20ga matching number barrels
    Winchester model 97 16ga
    Remington Model 12 32' barrel

The quest for info on the 20ga lead me to be a Humpback Nuttjob. The whole story how these Guns came about John Brownings story that is ,was quite interesting. I stayed in the Remington world to start with collecting early Model 11. Any grade I could afford but still be able to shoot and enjoy. I lucked up early and was able to get a WWII Military issue Model 11 Super cheap because seller didn't know what he had. Gun is 99%. Meanwhile on the 11 Hunt I came across a Magnum at a pawnshop that had been in a fire. Owner says $350 I said ill give you $300 we settle on $325. My first Browning A5, a magnum at that Belgium Made 32' barrel. No major damage just all smutted up. I got home and took gun apart no 2 pieces were still together. Couldn't believe how simple yet so durable this design is. Was hooked before, but now I was certified! It took all of 3 hrs for the gun to be in perfect working order. Love the Loading door your don't have to push button! I have been going to convert a few of my model 11s but lazy, 55hr work weeks, and 3 daughters takes up me time. Fast forward I have had as many as 35 Model 11/ A5'S im down a few for various reasons. I still collect both Model11 and A5. Looking to pickup a 16ga 3shot version today. I sold a 3shot 12ga a while back I may need to rethink. that's what brought me here today looking for info on 16ga serial number #103922 3shot 16ga. some of the info out there is difficult to interpret for the 16ga in its early yrs. Anyhow hope to fit right in and post from time to time and maybe help out if I can. thanks again for letting me in.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

3. Ty Shooter. im quite a bit Tech challenged, so learning how to navigate a new site..... geeesh tough for me. My Main hobby is coin collecting buying / selling. I love guns more but unfortunately guns come with Paperwork. I am a machinist at my day job.
    SHOOTER13 likes this.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

No problem...take your time and settle in here.

The invitations still stand...just use the links provided ^^above^^ when you are ready.