X-Bolt Magazine Malfunction

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Paul Cowles, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Paul Cowles

Paul Cowles Copper BB

Hi all. I live in Zambia. Bought an X-bolt in .375 H&H Mag last year. Love shooting it. Recoil is great. Shoots very tight groups. Quick action, points well. However, I finally got it out in the field to hunt a few weeks ago. It was fine in the cool of the morning however in the afternoon heat (95-100 degrees) the magazine began randomly spewing out shells when the bolt was opened or even as I was loading the rifle. As if the lips of the magazine could not hold against the pressure of the internal spring. I did a bush fix with a strip of duct tape along one of the lips but it made the action stiff and I had to drop the mag after loading to ensure I had not ripped up the duct tape and jammed it into the chamber with the cartridge (this never happened but seems possible). Anyone else have this problem?
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Paul !!

Enjoy our community...

{ Please read your private message }
  3. Sorry to hear of your problem ,my two x-bolts and magazines have been flawless so far. Good luck and contact Browning to help you out.
  4. Paul Cowles

Paul Cowles Copper BB

Thanks. I wanted to see if anyone else is having similar problems. Particularly in hot weather. Talked to Browning and they said they have never heard of this so they think I got a faulty magazine. Unfortunately it is not such a simple thing to get a new magazine way out here in Zambia!

It has made me wonder if anyone is doing aftermarket extended magazines. This 375 would be perfect if it had a 5 shot box on it. I have not seen anything about aftermarket mags for xbolts yet.

Cheers!