Stump wad pattern test

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Ranger6, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Both loads are with stump wad, Federal hull 2.5", 1/2 oz #9 shot (220.0 grains), Fed 209(not 209A) and alliant 410 powder.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I will be sending some of these out on the next go around. Chrono results:
    [​IMG]
  3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

I will take your reload out the citoti as the winner in the comparison head to head.
    This load and gun combo a great performer no doubt.
  4. Ranger6

Agree. I think maybe the tristar could improve with some choke changes, time will tell. I am currently lowering the powder drop and primer change to see if the above load can have a little tighter number over the chrono, before I send out for official testing. I would like to see the ES in single digits but may not happen.
  5. Ranger6

Little pattern work today> the loads were loaded identical. The only change was the primer. This load is Federal hull, 410 powder, stump wad, 1/2 oz #9 (223 grains)and a Win 209. The crimp depth is .051.
    [​IMG]
  6. Ranger6

Fed 209A
    [​IMG]
  7. Ranger6

8. Ranger6

All the above loads had a powder reduction of .4 grains from the first load in this thread. The first load was average 1372 fps. And finally, a picture of the loaded hull.
    [​IMG]
    KyBoB likes this.