Original SOE 12 Gauge Micro rig

Discussion in 'Tactical And Home Defense' started by m24shooter, Oct 9, 2010.

1. m24shooter

m24shooter .22LR

I will be doing a review of this rig from OSOE. Very impressed so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tried some PMAGs in the rig. You can put a single PMAg in each pocket, but there is no retention. There is not enough room to fit two mags in. Without putting something in the bottom of the pouch, a 20 rounder is not tall enough.

[​IMG]

I got the Medic Tray insert for a little better organization. Gave me enough room to add two chemlights, a rescue tool, and some Kerlix.
    I also stowed a G19 mag in the bottom elastic loops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it would make a great rig for classes, and I would guess that it would be pretty good for 3 gun types with 24 rounds on board.
    For the home owner I think it would be better than something like a claymore bag, bandoleer, or similar setup if the private citizen is looking for something to carry a good number of shells in and whatever incidentals may be needed or desired. For a truck gun, it would make a nice way to carry ammo, some cleaning gear, maybe a light, and GPS.
    There are a lot of opportunities for this.
  2. Rossignol

Rossignol .410

I like stuff like this, and for me, I'm weird and I know this, but I'm far from a traditional hunter, and for say bird, this would work nicely. I can carry first aid for myself or the dog, plus plenty of shells. I would rather have a belt with dump/game bags than the traditional vest. Even an LBV and hydration pack for me and my dog. Things I need to carry are gps and tracking equipment, game shears and a couple of knives, id, tags, etc...

This looks like something worth checking out!
  3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

That sure looks like one nice rig. I will be in the market for one shortly so I appreciate you posting this.