New member, new rifle

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by snipe10, Dec 17, 2012.

1. snipe10

snipe10 Copper BB

I just found and bought a NIB Browning 1886 45-70 made in the 1980's or so I'm told. The serial number is 00051. Where can I learn more about this particular rifle. I've shot Browning shotguns for years and currently use a 725 O/U for bird hunting but this is my first lever action.
    Thanks in advance for the help,
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey Snipe10, welcome the Browning Owners Community!!! NIB Browning 1886 is foresure hard to comeby these days so it sounds like a great buy. the 1886 is considered one of the top big bore lever action rifles ever made. if you rifle was made in the 80s then it was produced out of japan, there should be more to your serial number (string of 5 more letters/numbers combo) which will help pinpoint the year it was made. Hope that helps, and post some pictures when you get a chance.

BTK
  3. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.
  4. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum snipe10 !!