New member. Needing info on new purchase.

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by importkiller, Jan 1, 2013.

1. importkiller

importkiller Copper BB

Hello, My name's Lonnie. Im a new member to this sight. I own a few guns. 2 of them happens to be brownings. I have a buckmark camper .22 pistol. And I just aquired a browning model 1886. I was just needing some information on it. It has the full octagon barrel it says made in japan on it. and the serial number is 04140pt197 on it. It's in great shape. I guess it's the standard model as it doesn't have any fancy engraving on it. Just curious if anyone can tell me some info on it, as what yr. made and what is the value of the gun? thanks for any info. Happy new yrs.
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

Can you provide pictures of the rifle and it's parts...!?

I have books, but everything depends on the condition of the firearm...
  3. importkiller

importkiller Copper BB

Hopefully the pics come out ok. It seems to be all original. I don't believe my father did anything to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

only blems are two very small scuff marks on the wood. about the size of a half of a eraser on a pencil. like worn marks. they are both next to each other.
  4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.