New Guy in Ohio w/ new-to-me rifle

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by MrNick, Dec 21, 2012.

1. MrNick

MrNick Copper BB

Hi all! I'm new to the rifle scene and would like to thank all of you in advance for your insights and information. I picked up a Model 78 chambered in 22-250 today. Don't know much about it but it looked like it would be good for some groundhog hunting. Anybody have any advice for first steps? I'm planning on running a rod through it a few times and giving it a good wipedown. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
  2. Setters4life

Setters4life .270 WIN

Well, I'm envious. I always wanted a 78 but never quite found the one I was looking for. .22-250 is a great round. You'll just have to buy a few boxes of different ammo, mount a scope, bore sight it, take it to the range, and let us know how it shoots!
  3. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey MrNick, welcome to the Browning Owners community!!! i would give it a nice cleaning and put a couple of boxes through it. Post some pics when you get a chance!!

BTK
  4. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Browning Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.