McMillan Long Range Concerns

Discussion in 'Browning X-Bolt Rifle' started by Charper611, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Charper611

Charper611 Copper BB

Greetings everyone.

New to the forum. Received my XBolt LR McMillan stock rifle on Friday. I immediately noticed the bubbles on the stock finish. Later that day I went to adjust the trigger and noticed the pillar cut in half. Browning customer service opens tomorrow (was closed Friday) just wanted to get everyone's feedback prior to addressing it with them.

Thanks.
    Chris    

Attached Files:

2. I think I would contact them and ask for a answer to your problems with the stock.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Charper611 !!

Enjoy our community...
    Charper611 likes this.
  4. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Eww... That stock looks like a second, or more like a third. Functionally, the cut/split pillar actually may not be significant, but the messed up finish I wouldn't put up with, and the cut pillar undermines one's confidence that the whole thing was built and assembled correctly.
  5. Charper611

Charper611 Copper BB

Exactly my thoughts! Spoke with Browning and McMillan this morning. Browning told me to send it in for repair.... Didn't even ask for pics. I spoke with McMillan afterwards and sent pics. They were appalled. They told me that they send raw stocks to Browning for finishing and it looks like that one wasn't prepped. Unfortunately, they said Browning needs to repair it. Not happy about paying to ship the rifle back for repair or replacement (hopefully) and then waiting x months to get it back. I don't expect this from Browning, especially at this price point.
  6. SJardins

SJardins Copper BB

Not to hijack this but I may be sending mine in to Browning (different model, different reasons) and have a couple questions. Yours is new so I'm guessing you still had the box to ship it in but what if you didn't? And did you have to go through a dealer to ship it? Also, keep us updated as to how the whole "sending it in" goes.
  7. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Good luck, Charper611.

A suggestion for you, SJardins (or anyone): If you're a person who prefers to have the factory box that any new rifle you've purchased came in, maybe think about _not_ using that box to send the rifle in for service. Some manufacturers are upfront about saying that they will NOT save the box you send them a gun in, and that said box will be destroyed (recycled, I expect). Thus, you'll get _a_ box back, but not _your_ box. At least call Browning and ask before you do it.

None of this matters if you don't care about keeping the original box, of course.

EDIT: Under federal law, it is _not_ necessary to use an FFL dealer to send your own firearm back to the manufacturer for service. HOWEVER, some states or localities may require that you _do_ use an FFL, so check your state & local laws.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  8. SJardins

SJardins Copper BB

Thanks MZ5 but I don't have the original box, I'm thinking I may have to stop by the local dealer's and see if he has a box I could use. Also kind of figured there wouldn't be a problem sending it in, is there any difference for them sending it back to me?
  9. MZ5

MZ5 .270 WIN

Again, just talking about federal law, they can send it directly back to you. Your state or locality may be more restrictive.
    SJardins likes this.