Looking for some help on an old A bolt trigger....

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Mike64, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Mike64

Mike64 Copper BB

Hoping some of you might be able to help me out. I have an A Bolt stainless stalker 25-06 left hand that I bought in or around 1992. It's been a good rifle, very accurate. The trigger was never as good as I wanted so a few years ago I took it to a local gunsmith. This was the only gunsmith around and I had moved only a few months before. He put a replacement trigger in for me. After shooting it the trigger wasn't as crisp as I had hoped so I went back to query him on it. Somewhere between the two visits he had committed suicide. So I never did get to find out what trigger he put in, and frankly didn't give it much thought for a while.

I see with the original Browning trigger Timney sells a spring kit that I've heard folks brag on. I'm thinking I could do the same type thing on this trigger, if I knew which one it was. I'm attaching a couple of pictures in hopes that perhaps someone could point me in the right direction. I can't find any markings that indicate the brand. Thanks for any help you can give.

Attached Files:

2. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger .270 WIN

You can always buy a new factory trigger and install the Timney Spring
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Mike !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum !!