Gold 12 3" de-cocks self on safe

Discussion in 'Firearm Maintenance, Modification, Safety And Trou' started by Stylescc, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Stylescc

Stylescc Copper BB

I'm new to the forum so thanks in advance for any help/advice you guys give me. I hate to come here with my hand out, but I have done everything I know to do. I just purchased a used gold 12. The gun has been perfect until I decided to give it a proper cleaning now I've jacked the trigger up. I did not disassemble the trigger group. I did remove the safety out of curiosity. Now when the gun is on safe and you pull the trigger the gun basically decocks itself. That's the best way I know to explain it. The gun does not fire on safe just decocks itself. All I can figure is I've got something out of line in the trigger group. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Billythekid

Billythekid Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hey sorry to here about the issue. Unfortunately I don't have a browning gold but when you took out the safety was the safety on or off and was the tigger cocked?
  3. Stylescc

Stylescc Copper BB

The trigger was de-cocked . I can't remember if it was on safe or fire , but I'm gonna assume it was on fire. I'm going to take it to a gunsmith tomorrow and hopefully it will be a cheap/easy fix. I will let you know what he finds.
  4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum !!

A trip to the gunsmith would be your best bet...
  5. Dallas_CMT

Dallas_CMT .270 WIN

How did this work out? Was the smith able to get it working again?

I'm always afraid to dig in deep to my guns. I was disassembling a Winchester 1912 (made in 1912) outdoors once and a spring shot into the bushes! Took me forever to find it.