FN Browning auto5

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by Kevin GS, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Kevin GS

Kevin GS Copper BB

Hi all from New Zealand . I have been shotgunning and reloading for years 68 now. I have come across a Fn browning that has been stored away for 20 odd years only seen some photos so far. It’s marked G. FN . Then below that numbers are 71 31484. It has an adjustable pad I think Morgan also a screw on fixed choke. Any help with age and info would be much appreciated. Cheers for now Kevin.
  2. Bill Idaho

Bill Idaho .270 WIN

Southwest Idaho and formerly from the south side of Chicago says Hi and Welcome!! Good people here, and zero drama. Buy another safe now!

I don't have my A5 bible in front of me right now, but the letter 'G' indicates a "Light" model.

"71G" however would mean it is a 1971 lightweight. Remove the forearm, and see if there are 3 holes (about 3/8-1/2", or 10-12mm) on the barrel ring that goes around the magazine tube. Does it say "Light Twelve" on the left side of the receiver? I am interested in the choke set up as well? Perhaps a Cutts?
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  3. Kevin GS

Kevin GS Copper BB

4. Kevin GS

Kevin GS Copper BB

Hi . Only have a few photos at the moment, hope to have it in about two weeks . No photo of left side of receiver. Will keep you posted .
  5. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Giday . Welcome aboad. “Somebody from across the ditch” my end of the globe. lots of good people on here be able to help you out.
    Rudolph31 likes this.
  6. Kevin GS

Kevin GS Copper BB

Cheers for that Aussie look forward to the help, hope to see the auto 5 this weekend will keep you posted.