Cockerill marked Barrel ?

Discussion in 'Browning Auto A-5' started by John Barber, Aug 17, 2023.

1. An associate I deal with from time to time has an older Browning Auto 5 barrel he has discussed letting go. I havent seen it yet, the serial number on the barrel either begins with 10XXX or 19XXX. I'll be able to determine when I get to examine it. Are these barrels sought after? More or less same value as any other standard Auto 5 barrel? A barrel that old would put it, I believe around the 2nd or 3rd year of production....for Thanks, JB
  2. Ranger6

Ranger6 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Don’t think the barrel is special without the rest of the gun. Now if you could find that serial number gun it would be worth lot more, probably better chance of winning the lottery.
  3. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Funny I spotted a 14xxx 10000 miles south here and they can’t even give it away.
  4. Auzzie

Auzzie 20g

Unfortunately the ownership laws and regulation make it completely unattractive proposition and essentially worthless.
    It’s a shame as it will have been be a family airloom that somebody went through a lot of trouble over the years to hang onto for a long time and it’s now unwanted inheritance and worthless.
    This is why it’s so important to stand up for your ownership rights and not let the government dictate and pass ridiculous ownership Laws.
    Rudolph31 likes this.