Citori 525 barrel

Discussion in 'Browning Citori Shotgun' started by Coronab1, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Coronab1

Coronab1 Copper BB

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum. I recently acquired a Citori 525 sporting model. I'm lookin for a 20 gauge barrel for it! The 30" ported 12 gauge barrel is nice but I'd really like something for dove hunting. browning does not sell it. They recommended I watch out for one on Gunbroker. Please let me know if you know where I might find one!

Thanks
    Brad
  2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Browning Owners Forum Brad !!

When you find the time, please introduce yourself to our community in the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the Forum !!
  3. Rudolph31

Rudolph31 .30-06

Hello Brad, and welcome to the forum. I don't think that you'll find a 20 gauge barrel for a 12 gauge gun, and even if you did, the result would be an even heavier firearm. You could buy a set of tubes for your gun, but the result would be the same. The best option is simply to buy light 12 gauge loads for your upland hunting. That or purchase another shotgun in the gauge you prefer.
  4. Coronab1

Coronab1 Copper BB

Thanks Rudoloh! They do actually make multiple gauge barrels that fit this receiver. They actually sold it is a set in the past. The problem is. Browning won't sell them anymore. They actually have them for repairs but not for part sales. This gun is very heavy to begin with. I actually don't have a need for a trap gun. It was just too good of a deal to pass up. I'll be working on trading it in for a cynergy field or feather. Thanks again for your input!

Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk